Re: [MV] M113

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 09:29:41 PST

>Those M113s make great Tankers for rural firefighting as well as Aircraft
>Crash, fast attack equipment. I have seen several conversions of these
>vehicles that were very capable.

If that is what they are using the M113 for, then I agree. I've seen our
Forest Service's M548s outfitted for firefighting. Let me tell you...
the flames should just extinguish themselves and save the humiliation of
defeat at the hands of those bad boys :-) I don't know who did the
conversions (I think we have 8 state wide), but they did a heck of a job.
 Very impressive.

Steve