Re: [MV] 24vdc from 12vdc 6.5L turbo-diesel with airconditioning...

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 13:14:22 PST

With the 24v alternator:

As the alternator generates AC as opposed to DC (the DC for the output is
created by rectifying the AC with 6 diodes), you could tap into the AC
before the diodes and run it through a 2:1 transformer (prolly have to use
an audio transformer due to the frequency changes with engine RPMs) and
rectify the output and have something close to 12v DC.

Conversly, you could take the 12v alternator and use the transformer the
other way 1:2 and get 24 volts

Steve AKA Dr Deuce