Re: [MV] Police Work

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 21:37:59 PST

I got stopped for speeding a couple years ago. I truthfully was paying
no attention to the actual speed, but I was near the head of the pack,
and I knew I was speeding between 65 and 75.

The cop repeatedly questioned me to say how fast I was going (he knew
because he had radar), and the more I said I was not shure of the
actual speed (It was friday, I was just trying to drive home, and just
was not paying much attention to the speedometer), but it was
somewhere between 65 and 75 I thought, the more pissed off he got.

After having him give me dirty looks and shake his head, I finally
suggested it was very hot outside, he should not be so angry, it is a
minor -speeding ticket-, and write the speed of his choice on the
ticket, and I would be pleased to sign it. He did. 72 MPH.