Re: [MV] Police Work

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 22:50:29 PST

Hi John,

>Don't know how accurate this is, but I got it from a source.

I checked it out and it looks 100% legit. First site I found it on was
this one so I at first doubted it :-)

<http://www.rense.com/>

But it was covered in several other "real" news sources, so I'll buy it.

>Lessons for all...

I'm not really sure what the lesson is here. We live in an imperfect
world and this is clear evidence of it. What lesson is there to take from
that except to not take for granted how well things work 99.9% of the time?

I suspect that when all is said and done the Stoak family will at least
have a hefty pile of cash in their bank account if their side of the
story is true (sounds like it is). This doesn't make things 100% better,
but it is the way our system works. And at least it was only the dog
that got shot. Other 0.1% situations did not wind up that way.

Also... why was this story posted here? What MV content does it have?
 Why not post any number of stories about law enforcement officers
getting killed in the line of duty instead? I'm sure for every one
innocent dog killed by an overzealous police officer there are at least a
hundred officers killed by bad guys or just bad luck (anybody want a
Crown Vic?). Just curious...

Steve