RE: [MV] Deuce Wiring Puzzlement

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 10:11:13 PST

Hi Rick:

         I have all of the military manuals for this truck: M819, M908022
and the CD on the M35 series. This truck was converted to a fire truck by
the local county fire dept, who claim to have absolutely no records on it
what so ever. Thus I'm tracing wires, or trying to <g>, and building my own
schematic as I go.
         I did speak to someone who used to work on Peterbuilts today: he
says they had a ' main switch ' like my deuce... throw that on, kick down
on the floor starter then hit the ' start ' button on the dash and it will
start. That info may or may not help <G>
         My primary concern is the wiring and voltage. Once I'm sure I
have it connected properly I can build out from there.

         Thanks for the thoughts

                 Paul