Re: [MV] USMC Armor Question

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 12:14:20 PST

Keith, After seeing it from a URL that was posted....I am curious as to how
the right to left or windage was controled on the M110. I realize that the
barrel can be raised or lowered for the elevation....but with it backed up on
the spade....how was this accomplished? Bearing in mind that 1 degree at 18
miles would be a considerable amount....but I never understood the fire control
system onboard navy ships either. When aiming at a barrel on a deserted island
probably a few thousand yards away....the ship would rock back and forth but
the barrel would stay put. Fred