Re: [MV] Halftrack Weight

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 10:12:28 PST

I'll jump in here on the defense of the chevy crowd. I have a chevy dually
with the dreaded 6.5 diesel and the 4L80E auto trans with 4.10 gears. I'm
not too comfy pulling 20,000# but 17,000# on the gooseneck is not really a
problem. Hills take planning but stopping has never really been an issue.
Don't even ask about my emptyheaded trips flat towing deuces with it. I've
done it and survived but strongly discourage it. Ken was very right on what
he said, when you start taxing your equipment like this, you better be at the
top of your game!

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2 w/w