Re: [MV] SEE TRAC/HMMH/Hagglund

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 09:39:45 PST

Terry,

> I am also looking for a complete M973A1 Hagglund in operating
>condition. any help would be appreciated.

I wouldn't do that if I were you. The only ones I have seen available
are either:

a) smashed to pieces by idiot 18 year olds who don't appear to care that
the taxpayers spent $150k per unit. I mean, come on! 45 miles on the
odometer and totally smashed?!?

b) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much money. These things came out of service
via auction and sold for about $10,000 and it appears most who bought
them are trying to resell 'em for $35,000 to $45,000. Most are in Alaska
and this price does not include shipping.

What I would do instead is get a Swedish Army BV-206 (identical vehicle)
delivered to your door for about $23,000. You also have a choice between
the hard top rear or softtop, whereas all of the SUSV M973s are hard top
(if I am not mistaken).

If you want to go the BV-206 route, Contact Patrick Robb at Cold War
Remarketing:

http://www.coldwarremarketing.com/images/bvhard.jpg

Also, to see how the sections act independently from one another,
take a look at:
 http://www.coldwarremarketing.com/images/bvtwist.jpg

Soft Top BV's can be seen at:

http://www.coldwarremarketing.com/images/bvsoft.jpg

Good Hagglunds info can he had here:

<http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/vehicles/hagglunds/index.html>

If you wind up buying one from him, please let me know how it goes.
 Obviously I have entertained the idea myself :-)

Thanks!

Steve