Re: [MV] Vehicles in Mexico

From: John Cook (otterc@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 08:11:50 PST

Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:51:01 -0500
From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [MV] Vehicles in Mexico

 Anyone ever
>do any exploring south of the border?
>Bill

Sounds like you should have buttered up the Mexican General on
getting a side department making money for their army getting some of
those gems sold off and restored. Trick is getting them back into the
US.

    I imported an uncut X Mexican Army FAV M151A2 body tub from Mexico
this fall. It took some jumping through hoops and the hiring of customs
borkers on both sides of the border, but as far as US customs was concern, a
M151A2 body tub is "parts" and M151 parts are OK with customs to reimport to
the US. No problems bringing it across the border.

  The story is up on my website; http://www.muttmotorpool.com/Lobo1.html

  And before you ask, No, my friend Hector dosn't have any more Mutt bodies
for sale. I got the last one he had...:)

    Now I have to get to work on My FAV Mutt!

     All the Best

     otter,
 CQ CQ de KD5SJE em26wb 50.125 MHZ