Re: [MV] Ebay Items disappear

From: Dave Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 17:59:59 PST

(snip from Steve)
>You say you think it is OK to
>collect, display, and enjoy the vehicles of the most murderous regime of
>the 20th Century, but not the uniforms? I think you are simply using
>selective morality (i.e. you like German vehicles so you exempt them from
>the same standards you apply to German uniforms). The problem is that
>such selective reasoning leads, step by step, to broader censorship.

Machines are By themselves just machines and of little harm.
Men are the destructive force that unleash the machines and there
destructive capabilities.
Men wearing uniforms that group them into an armed force in most cases but
not all.
The uniforms become a symbol for what that group stood for and there actions
regardless if the person wearing it was there when they gassed a child or
sent her to Josephs Hospital of Horrors and Human experiment. That person
was a supporter of the efforts leading to her torture and horrible death and
he was wearing that uniform a symbol of that groups beliefs and fellowship.
You are right.... as usual men can twist the facts to suit there own point
of view and I guess you can separate what these evil men did from the
uniforms they put every morning before going down to the trains.
Selective Morality is that what you call it when you wear the same uniform
after the smell of death has been dry cleaned from it.
I never said anything about censorship or any sort my point was it is
everyone's right to collect anything they want but not everyone will
tolerate it and if you think this will lead to some cataclysmic world
censorship then I guess you should be worried but I think it will be just
like non smoking bars you can still smoke just go do it where you are the
only one its harming.
We all need to be a little sensitive to each other it makes life a little
less abrasive.
And my 1943 Dodge took good men to where evil was and helped them put and
end to it and everytime I get in it I think about that.
Collect and wear and drive what you want I don't care.

Never forget

Dave Ball