RE: [MV] Ebay Items disappear

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 17:54:39 PST

>I thought the Russians had the Germans beat over 5x for the most people
>murdered.

Depending on which set of statistics you want to belive, the Germans
either edged out the Soviets or tied. I have never seen stats that put
them ahead by more than a slim number by taking low estimates for German
murders and high ones for Soviet. Stalin might have murdered about
10,000,000 through starvation, but the Germans wiped out roughly
15,000,000 Soviet citizens alone.

However, in terms of total pain and suffering I would put the Soviets
well ahead of the Third Reich. The Third Reich was only around for just
about 12 years while the Soviet Union lasted nearly 5 times as long.

Steve