Re: [MV] Ebay Items disappear

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 20:57:42 PST

> You are quoting numbers more than 50 years old, in an effort to propagate
>hatred of a group that probably still exists but has no seat of power in
>the US ( Duke was voted out in Louisiana, right? )

Er... perhaps you should take a couple of deep breaths and read my
comments in their context because it is obvious you understood ZERO about
my posts and the reason for them. The subject I responded to concerned
the morality of collecting those 50+ year old uniforms in the CONTEXT of
the deeds of the men wearing them. And if you cared to note, I am the
one in support of not "holding a grudge" against some pieces of cloth.

> More importantly, what occurs in war is left behind in war. If citizens
>behaved like they do in a war situation every day only the strong/well
>armed would survive the week.
> Learning from history is fine. Even good.

Great, then we agree. So when someone says the Soviets killed "5 times"
the number of people the Nazis did, then I assume I have your full and
unconditional support for helping someone learn that their understanding
of history is factually incorrect?

> Quoting from it to keep a grudge alive is stupid.

True. But if one can't quote from history to discuss history, then how
can one discuss history?

Steve