Ebay Items disappear

From: RKiser8375@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 22:52:14 PST

Steve,

As far as body count, the Germans play second fiddle to the Russians, by a long shot. What you have to remember is that Stalin was fighting a war on two fronts. He was killing the Germans, but he was killing his own countrymen also. By some estimates, Stalin is responsible for 60,000,000 casualties during his reign of terror. Read 'The Gulag Archipelago' by Alexandr I. Solzhenitsyn. By 1937, Stalin had killed so many millions of his own subjects, that the census takers came up scandalously short in their count. His solution? Shoot the census takers and make up the numbers. Hitler didn't even come close.

As far as things disappearing off of ebay, we need to remain somewhat vigilant on this issue. I saw a weasel for sale the disappeared, after receiving several bids recently. So, we need to make sure that they don't start cutting into our hobby any more than they already have.

Rob Kiser