Re: [MV] mv- AUCTIONS

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 08:52:49 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <MVTrucker@aol.com>

> Yes, Glen, it's getting ridiculous. Eventually they'll drive some of us
> dealers
> out of business. And for what? A deuce bid on by pictures and arrives with
> blown
> transfer, transmission or broken crankshaft? No warranty, no re course? I
> offer a
> full warranty, GL offers as-is, where is.
> Joe Young

I was am glad someone brought the subject up. I am fairly new to all this,
but I was watching a truck on the GSA web site this week and was amazed at
what it brought. It was a nice truck (M35) and looked complete, no winch,
late 80's production and drop side bed with no troop seats. I can buy the
same basic truck from the dealer I bought mine from for $3500 and it will
drive home. It is doesn't I can pick another. This truck at GSA with
possibly some drive line problems when for $4100. I doubt it was cranked
ahead of time at the auction site. I thought the whole point to an auction
where they say "repairs required" was to get stuff cheap enough to
anticipate a few repairs. I could not believe the truck went for that much.
Of course there is always the possibility some one knows something I don't
and the truck is worth it. Hard to believe that. Maybe this is one of
those that will be on ebay for $10,000 in a few weeks.

Joe Trapp