what are these for?

From: uniquemachine@cybcon.com
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 12:39:31 PST

I have 2 NOS parts that I am trying to figure out what they go to.
The slicker says "Ford(in script)breather cleaner" at the top. The
main body is about 5" in diameter and 5" tall with an extension
coming of the top about 2" in dia. and 2" high. There is a screw
through the middle of it to attach to an engine I pressume. At the
extension at the top has the opening to screw an oil filler cap onto.
They are OD green in color, but have no part #'s on them
anywhere. They are in the original cardboard boxes although one
box is in kind of bad shape. Anyone know what they are for and
the value of them? Maybe off an old Ford military jeep?

Jon