Re: [MV] CONSPIRACY THEORY Was Re: [MV] Ebay Items disappear

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 12:36:01 PST

Hehe... good to know you are really a MAN :-)

In all seriousness, on the Pinzgauer list there was this long discussion
about how cold the Pinz is in the winter. A bunch of guys were talking
about how CRITICAL it was to insulate the cab and get some sort of
external heater. Then of course followed a long list of suggestions.

I found the intensity of the discussion to be rather odd because I didn't
see the need for this at all. I asked them to define "cold" and one guy
said, without joking... 50 degrees!! I then informed him and the others
that I drove mine at 15 degrees the day before and didn't find it to be a
problem. IIRC that pretty much ended the conversation for a while. It
might have been me asking if they felt it necessary to drive around in
the winter in shorts and T-shirts and, if so, they might try wearing
something a bit warmer instead of spending hundreds of dollars and hours
converting their vehicle :-)

Steve