Freewheeling hubs

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 05:36:32 PST

Patrick,
I had a pair of hubs bored out and needle roller bearings installed. The
bearing is a Torrington HJ 324116 and the sleeve (inner ring), IR 263220. I
have never done any real test driving with them since I don't drive any long
distances on the highways.
My investment, including the hubs, is about $150.00 for the pair. A lot
cheaper and ,probably, more reliable than the lock-out hubs. They also look
like the originals, which must be an advantage for you many
collector/restorer fellows.

Patrick, if you want to test these, I'll ship them to you and if you like
them, you can pay me the $150.00 plus UPS shipping or just return them if
you are dissapointed for some reason.
The inner ring fits very snuggly over the splined end of the drive shaft,
hopefully they are all made to within a couple of thousands of an inch.

Let me know and I'll get them out tomorrow.

We may all learn something.

Have a great day!
Bjorn