Re: [MV] Tire Wear

From: jalberhasky@juno.com
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 09:59:28 PST

Mine does the exact same thing. More so on the passenger side than on
the drivers side. I am about 100% sure it is from excessive camber. I
can actually see from a distance that the passenger side is canted out on
the top farther on the passenger side. I checked all the knuckle
bushings and they are good as is the toe in. Anyone out there know for
sure how many degrees the camber should be? 6 degrees seems way too
much. 1-3 is more believable. I imagine the only way to correct this
is to slightly bend the axle tube with a hydraulic axle bender.????
Jeff
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:29:32 -0500 "Bonnie" <bfeamster@cox.net> writes:
> The front tires on my M35 are wearing funny (outside tread is
> inclined,
> higher in the front ). I have aligned the the toe-in as per the
> manual (
> 1/16 toe-in). I was wondering if this is due to the down angle on
> the axle
> front shafts ( I believe it is ~6deg ).
>
> I am running new 9.00 x 20 NDTs.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Richard Feamster
> 1970 Kaiser M35A2C
> U.S. Navy Seabees

> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

Jeff Alberhasky aka . SGT. ROCK MVPA 25554
US ARMY/USAR 25J/76Y 73-93
1985 AM General M-35A2
1968 M-105A1
2000 FXDL 1975 XL (1986 AMRA UBXL National record holder)