Re: [MV] mv- AUCTIONS

From: Dave Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 10:31:10 PST

David...
I have heard and seen first hand that the descriptions and pictures rarely
match the lot up for bid how does this happen? how often?
You say in one sentence to bid by the descriptions and web site photo but
then in the next two you encourage preview and state that the vehicles could
be missing parts and need repairs what efforts are made to determine these
conditions? and to pass that info on in the website descriptions? Is there a
lot of missing information reported? If so is GL doing anything to make the
descriptions more accurate? Does GL have qualified screeners doing the
evaluations for the web info? What are there qualifications?
Does GL go by the Military's condition report at time of release?
Sorry for all the questions I have prescreened a few auctions at Vandenberg
and have for the most part been satisfied but have seen some gross mistakes
in descriptions and conditions and mix ups in pictures on the web site being
from older auctions and or vehicles not at the site at all and I am
wondering if it is the personnel at GL that is just not qualified to inspect
the equipment or if it is other reasons for these bewildering mistakes?
GL does not use stock pictures of vehicles as a portrayal of the likeness of
what's in the lot do they? The pictures are supposed to be of the actual
item for auction is that lot correct?
What auction sites do you personally cover?
I think it is a great Idea to provide the names of successful bidders and it
should not be a problem for the dealers as "most of them" put money and time
into the vehicles before pricing them for resale and the difference in the
cost and end sale price should reflect that and buyers of these vehicles
should understand this....

Dave Ball