Re: [MV] Inverted V on Gulf War era vehicles and the red circled star vehicle marking...

From: micdunn (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 11:19:15 PST

Just a couple of observations from a slightly faulty memory......
More troops died during Desert Shield (the build up) than during Desert
Storm (the war).
The Desert Shield deaths were accidents, not combat. Most of the Desert
Storm deaths were accidents, very few of them were combat. Less than 100 US
troops were killed by enemy fire, about 450 were killed by accidents and
friendly fire.
The Air War began on January 16th, 1991 and (as I remember it) lasted 40
days before the ground troops rolled in.
The SCUD missile that hit the USAF building on February the 25th (killing
28) in Dhahran was faulty and did not explode. It was, however, as long as a
bus and moving at mach5...
Had it gone off, I wouldn't be writing this...
-Sarge