Re: [MV] mv- AUCTIONS

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 18:37:58 PST

First, I want to thank those who sent endorsements about my company, both
on and off List.
David Wright is correct about having the privilege to inspect, but when a
national
sale includes several sites within 150 miles from me, there's no way that I
can do
a complete inspection in three days by appointment, so I often have to bid on
the
posted pics and take my chances. I never get a truck in that only needs a
couple of batteries. Problems range from having to replace injector pumps,
blown transfers,
blown transmissions, broken crankshafts, missing or swapped out alternators,
poor
tires and many other major problems.
I doubt very much that it's the dealers driving up the prices. I know I can't
pay the
prices good looking trucks are bringing when the prices are going up as high
as
they are. I can't see a dealer paying $3700 - $7500 (plus 10% buyers fee) for
a deuce, but maybe some are. I just figure that some people want a truck,
look at the pics and get caught up in the bidding, figuring they'll still
come out ahead of buying from a dealer.
Another problem I see with so many trucks coming out needing a lot of repairs
is
the prices of parts rising.
I see no problem with listing the names and prices paid by bidders. That's
the way
DRMO operated. Doesn't matter to me if people know what I pay for a truck.
What
does matter is that if I do get lucky and get trucks in at a reasonable
price, they don't think that I'm making big bucks after we finally get them
in shape to sell and
I have to price trucks higher than I used to. DRMO did not charge sales tax,
another
added cost of a purchase.
Joe Young