Re: [MV] Split Rim Wheels question

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 20:48:49 PST

I can buy tubeless rims for the old deuce for about $80 each, but that is
for a 22.5" tire. If you want to keep the NDT on it, I think the only
option is the 2 piece split rims and tubes. I bet it would ride a lot
smoother with a nice set of radials though. Of course at 55 mph, it can
only get so ruff.

Joe Trapp

BTW, if I had a 5 ton truck I would consider some flotation tires on
aluminum rims. 6 of them would look pretty sporty. We had a steel rim
crack, and the aluminum in that width was cheaper than the steel. Makes you
wonder.