Me 262 replica badly damaged in crash landing

From: mark (fishmeok@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 21:53:28 PST

> Please pass along our sympathies to that other list- I'm an aircraft
mechanic and my girlfriend is a pilot, we read the post with immense
sadness- I was looking forward to seeing the A/C at Oshkosh...
> I personally think that replica warbirds are the way to go with original
airframes and engines becomeing scarcer and scarcer- I feel it is becoming
more difficult to justify risking the last or next to last example of a
particular airplane by flying it around to airshows, no matter how fabulous
the exerience is for all concerned. Look at what happened to the Boeing
Stratoliner- years in restoration and within months of being finished it
bellies into puget sound with some sort of fuel system failure.