M35A2C Head Gasket Replacement Procedures

From: rock1@mindspring.com
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 01:36:01 PST

Now that Winter is here, I finally have the time to replace the leaking
head gasket on one of my Duces. I have a full set of electronic TMs and
the official TM procedures.

Over the last year, I've read several different threads on the list about
head gasket replacement on the engine in the M-35A2. There were
discussions of the different types of gaskets and proper torque procedures,
some of which I still have.

I also remember reading a simplifed or labor saving procedure for pulling
the head without having to remove all of the parts, the injectors and some
or all of the manifolds, but I can't find this list discussion on head
removal.

Can someone repost those simplified suggestions and procedures?

rock1@mindspring.com