Tying the (right) knot

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 04:38:21 PST

Morning,
A post flashed by as I was deleting them the other day, it was about tying
down canvas, I think. A couple of cents worth of boy scout know how:
My all time favorite knot is the CLOVE HITCH. Ever since helping to tie up
my father's boat, some forty years ago, have this particular knot been
useful in a variety of situations. It is a simple knot to tie, just two
loops crossed over each other and it gets tighter as more pull is applied.
Perfect for loose ends of rope, such as found around the canvas cab top and
the bed cover on the typical MV.

Cheers,
Bjorn