Re: [MV] mv- AUCTIONS

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 13:19:12 PST

> After WWII the U.S. destroyed equipment and didn't
>get anything for it, now at least it's getting
>something.

Agreed. The Gov't was irresponsible to the highest degree in decades
past. It is still wasting a lot of good stuff, but it is far better now.
 That's what happens when budgets are actually enforced and spending
isn't wild and crazy.

>The U.S. gave equipment to the countries
>that the eguipment was in, it was worth more than
>nothing.

We were compensated for a lot of that equipment. In fact, they aren't
allowed to resell it witout State Department approval. This is impart
why reimportation of US stuff is somewhat difficult.

> Now the U.S. is giving aid to foreign countries,

The US has been giving away aid for decades, if not since near the
beginning of its foundation. And there are strings attached. Sometimes
as thick as the cables supporting the Golden Gate Bridge.

> the
>trucks you and I are talking about, I say, sell the
>trucks to them for at least what they would get on GL.

Depends on what the intention is. If it is to prop up a friendly
government so that we don't have to go in with our own military... giving
the stuff away is a small price to pay compared to blood.

> If a dealer sells at to high of a price, he WILL go
>out of buisness, and the problem will have taken care
>of it's self.

Not if GL is under pricing their offerings. And that is the central
point of all my postings. GL is supposed to get maxium value just like
any other entity would in a Capitalisit system. It doesn't work to only
have a part of the equation working on a Free Market basis.

Steve