hard start CUCV

From: Derek Strine (minimade@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 06:34:42 PST

Amnon,
    I have several CUCV's, and chevy 6.2's. I put an under-hood battery
charger(NAPA $36.95), and GM freeze-plug block heater in each
vehicle,plugged into a duplex recepticle with pigtail, and leave a good
extension cord aboard. 1 to 3 hours warms block and batteries up, and a warm
battery puts out much more amps.
     I also have my mechanic check the continuity on each glow-plug in the
Fall.(replace as needed) I have had some problems with water freezing in the
Fuel filter, and have started draining the LOWER fuel drain under steel
filter at end of the day/week and after fueling up.
    Yesterday AM it was +/- 8, and all 3 fired up fine...the civilian 6.2
van without being plugged in.
    Good luck, and may the "Sberian Express" go somewhere else SOON!
        Derek