RE: [MV] BA-4386 magnesium batteries for sale

From: Trish & Carla (wa6ube@tactical-link.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 22:01:06 PST

Tim, you may want to pull a couple of the batteries
out of the wrappers, open the cardboard covering of
the box, and confirm that the cells have not leaked
white-colored residue all over the inside of the
cardboard battery container..

There have been many incidents on the EPay place
of bulk sales of these batteries which turned
out to be worthless even though they were still
in the plastic wrap..

I bought a few and were using them for a while
before getting some of Brooke Clark's battery
adaptors that allow the use of standard Alkaline
"D"-cells ...

The remaining batteries that I had were still
in the wrapper, and after taking a couple apart,
found that they were pretty much "goners" in
terms of available usage..

The date codes are expiration dates, and
not date of manufacture ..

My $.02 ..

Trish..

--