Re: [MV] Excessive Shipping Costs

From: Richard Thiers (dangercat@onemain.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 13:57:58 PST

Hey Guys,
     Lighten up a little. I sell regularly on eBay, and add $1.00 for
packaging to each item I sell. I have a label printer to print out mailing
labels: labels cost money. I have an ink jet printer to print UPS, and USPS
Priority Mail Postage: ink & paper cost money. I buy tape to tape closed
boxes: tape costs money. I have to drive everywhere to get my used boxes,
tape, paper, labels, etc. Not to mention driving to the Post Office, and
UPS counter. I live in a rural area, and a round trip to any of these
places is 15-25 minutes. Fuel costs money.
    So, adding a little bit isn't making me rich, and I'm probably losing a
little more than I add. By the way, I DO state in my auctions that I add
the $1.00, so no one is suprised.
    Now I realize I don't have to do this, but selling on eBay is helping me
keep my struggling business from "pooping the bed".
    Excessive Handling costs will get rid of the money grabbers, so let it
run it's course.

Just my 2 cents,
                        Rick