Re: [MV] MV Computer?

From: J.Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 07:41:43 PST

I know that these computers came with 3 sizes of removeable hard
drives. 120MB, 200MB, & 500MB, but this one says:

>16-32M Ram, floppy, (hard drive removed), IDE, SCSI, <

No hard drive. The hard drive is in a metal case that is inserted from
the side. Floppy drive is on the other. The CD-rom drive is missing,
it is a separate unit mounted under the main big box. So, unless you
have the hard drive and WIN95 on floppy disk you are SOL.

There was some discussion about these units on the Army Radio's list
these past few weeks as well.
About a year ago there was one of these computers on Ebay. It was complete
with the CD-rom, hard drive, printer power supply, etc. I think that it went
for close to $ 800.00 --> $ 1000.00 U.S.
I have 4-5 pictures that I can send to anyone if they contact me off list.

Jim Wiehe , VA3JHW
j.wiehe@sympatico.ca