Re: [MV] Tanks headed to the port?

From: J Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 20:04:50 PST

Joe,

Not to be an ass about it, but while I am interested in big armored
things too, is it really prudent to make this list into something that
could be misused by the wrong people (like any stray Iraqi or al-Queda
cells in the US) as a defacto intel source? I know that is NOT your
intention and I'm not accusing you of any such thing; only pointing out
that this is a publically available list on a topic that might have the
attention of such people as lurkers anyway, and while there is no harm
in discussing MVs, I would hate for our list to in ANY way provide intel
for our enemies. Maybe I am over-reacting, but I'd rather be safe than
sorry when it might risk the lives of our troops, even in domestic
positions while in transit. If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll hear about it.
 But as the lod slogan once went, "Loose lips sink ships." Even while
they may still be in port.

Jay Travis