Re: [MV] Tanks headed to the port?

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 19:47:21 PST

At 10:42 PM -0500 1/31/03, GOTAM35 wrote:
>Here's something to chew on. My brother just called me to report that he
>has been passing lots of BIG Army trucks with very large trailers out side
>of Charleston SC. These truck were empty and under police (civilian)
>escort. He has also noticed a bunch of tanks (M1's?) on private trailers
>headed the same direction. For anyone that don't know, Charleston is a big
>port city.
>
>Are these tanks going to be loaded onto the Army transports and put on a
>ship? Just something for speculation. Persian Gulf?

Much of this can be transported in fairly quick order via the fast
deployment ships that are roll-on/roll-off. Perhaps thats some of the
assets coming out of Ft Hood or other locations. I know one buddy
that's out at Hood and soon to be deployed. He's a combat engineer
type so I guess its not all over there yet.

Hmm, the last post I see from him on a fairly busy list is from the
25th. Perhaps that's his gear headed to port. He volunteered to be
one of the guys on ship to take care of the vehicles on the trip over.

--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '43 Humber MkIV (1/2)