Re: [MV] Columbia

From: myrddin7@juno.com
Date: Sat Feb 01 2003 - 19:04:41 PST

your post made me think of the S R 71 blackbird.it was designed in the
late 1950's.however it seems it has been an operational aircraft for a
very long time.since most of the service time was highly classified we
can't know about any major problems with it.however it did and does some
of the things the shuttle does,with apparently no major problems.so one
does have to wonder why that old tecnology works well and it may well be
the shuttles are getting a little long in the tooth.and i have the utmost
respect and admiration for the astronauts and will pray for those we have
lost.i had aspired to be one when i was young untill my eyesight went
south in jr high school.mike power