Re: [MV] central Florida

From: Jim & Pat Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 15:22:49 PST

Hi Sando,

If you get as far north as Jacksonville in your travels, you will want to
visit Camp Blanding military reservation. It was one of the main staging
areas for army folks headed for the D-Day invasion. The post is still
active as a training base but just inside the gate they have several of the
old 2 story buildings that serve as a WWII museum. They also have an
outside display with tanks, halftracks, and a C-47 Dakota. They also have
some Gulf War Russian tanks. I have been many times and always find it
worth the trip.

Jim (KB4IVH)