Re: [MV] Winch Shear Pins

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 19:31:39 PST

DON'T DO IT MAN!!
I would strongly discourage modifying the winch components. My winch has
the little aluminum looking pin with the cotter pin in each end. It is
designed to brake at a predetermined point that will keep you from damaging
the winch. I think Gene on this list might have some for sale (at a much
better price than the last ones I bought).

Also it is possible the dude at Memphis is confused. When I bought a couple
from CMS I had to show them in there book which pin it was. Apparently
there are pins on other pto driven devises that are not the same as the
shear pin on the winch. It seems like there was even another one on the
winch drive shaft, other than the shear pin.

Joe Trapp