Question about Dropside beds

From: Paintball Plus (pball@csionline.net)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 16:41:24 PST

OK folks, here's another one of my 10,000 questions. On each side of the
dropside, toward the front of the bed there is rod that runs between two
supports. The rod is about 16 inches long, and attached to these rods on
both sides of the bed are two pieces of web strap with buckles on the
ends. The straps can slide along the bar, between the bed supports. It
also seems like you could slide planks, or something similar under the
bed, from side to side since there are no obstructions at this location.
Since the bed is only 8 feet wide, what would go here, and would these
straps be used to tie it down? The bar/strap combo on the driver's side
is above the spare tire carrier, and the other is on the opposite side
of the bed.

It would probably be easier to take a photo, but I don't have the truck
at home. This question has been bugging me for over a year.

--
Bruce Kalin

USMC MTA MVPA North Jersey MTA South Jersey MVPA

USMC M35A2C W/W M2 50 cal, TVS-2 Night Vision Scope M16 x 2 RT-246, PRC-77, VIC/1 Deep Water Fording Kit

M105A2 w/ rust :-)