HMMWV machine gunner's platform installation

From: Ned Parkes (sparkes@fast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 13:49:21 PST

Hi,

I am restoring a M1026 HMMWV and have the machine gunner's platform, two
other brackets (presumably to stow the M2 and/or pintle adapter inside), and
the wooden floorboard with the cut-out for the platform. What I can't
figure out is the orientation of all these pieces. I want to mount
everything correctly. Does anyone know where a drawing or installation
instructions may exist that I can reference. I checked the -20 and -34
manuals. They show these parts (except the floorboard) but not detailed
enough to get an idea of where to put everything.

This is the last thing I need to do to finish this project and any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Ned Parkes
MVPA #15481

1986 M1009 CUCV