Re: [MV] Unimog coming to Freightliner dealers

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 20:23:30 PST

This is what I was afraid of.. $$$ I was almost in love with a unimog
radio truck, all that great ground clearance. but I was warned by a
mercedes mechanic who had worked on them in a past life, that I had
better have plenty $ in case anything broke. He showed me a diagram of
the drivetrain, described what you have to do to work on the engine, and
that basically scared me away.

Maybe in 10 years or so, JC Whitney will start importing Asian-made
repro/substitute MOG parts. Just take an "O" out of good ole MOOG, and
you get MOG.

I'd still like to have one though, to do some light 4-wheeling and
grocery-getting.

How's the Pinzgaur stack up?