Re: [MV] Video is Finished.

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 20:14:58 PST

What a great video!

I noticed some things, so here's where I may get an education about
takns and dueces..

0. That Stuart Tank's got to be very heavy, yet it seemed easy enough
for the guys to unload it. How much does it weigh?

1. When the deuce began to tow the tank off the flatbed, and got a load
on it, I heard what I assume was the turbo.. Is that what a 'whistler'
sounds like? (my turbo is almost inaudible -never heard a whistler
before)

2. After this, during a shot of the whole affair going past, the drivers
side rear wheels of the deuce seemd to be turning according to speed,
and the front wheel was turning faster (slipping). Would the opposite be
true on the passenger side, that is, the rear wheels slipping and the
front wheel turning the correct speed? (meaning the drive wheels are
opposed front to back on a deuce). Did the duece have air shift or
sprag, or would it matter for doing a big job like that?

3. In looking at the pictures of the Tank's interior, I saw a few things
I didn't recognize. Is there a pictorial diagram of the Stuart anywhere
on the internet? It was hard to tell what I was looking at, but I'm led
to beleive there are two white posts with fire extinguishers?

There's a white round 'box' with what looks like a vent coming out of
it, aiming at what might be the driver's seat?

On the front of the tank, a ball-shaped device, is this a MG port, I
didn't see where someone could sit behind it.

I assume the engine is in the rear, how's it work with the drive
sprockets up front? See I know little about tanks, but this has got my
attention.

Well it is too interesting for me.. I'd like to know more about it. I
can't afford the tank, but I can always buy a T-shirt.