Re: [MV] Troop Seat ? (synopsis)

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 11:36:55 PST

I've received alot of responses on the troop seat theory. Some for and some
against sealing the wood with fiberglass resin. With the wood as dry as it
is I'm likely to thin whatever I use so that it penetrates the wood. Some
have suggested shellac and some a good latex. I guess if I completely seal
the wood and there is moisture inside, the wood will rot from the inside out.
I may just try some heavily thinned shellac and soak the wood. Once that drys
I'll hit it with the "383" green and see how long it lasts. Hopefully it will
last long enough for set of fiberglass ones to show up hidden in the back of
the next junker I drag home.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2 w/w