Re: [MV] clet track

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 21:07:49 PST

>what is a clet track?? someone have a picture of one cant seem to find one
>in my military vehicle mag. may have a lead on one if its still there

I think you mean a "Cletrac"? These were made by the Clevland Tractor
Company. Crismon has a bunch of pictures of ones used for various
airforce needs. Here are some websites showing non military versions,
but they are pretty close to some of the smaller WWII ones.

<http://www.uta.fi/~latevu/encletrac.htm>
<http://www.tpaktopc.net/cletrac.htm>

They used Cletracs in the 1930s and 1940s for logging in my part of the
world. Beautiful one on display at a transportation museum. It was used
for plowing snow (makes current plows look like childrens toys!). The
thing is massive. Not sure what direct connection there is to MVs.

Steve