Re: [MV] Snow update

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 09:26:00 PST

Hi Bruce,

Congrats on your freedom! Consider yourself lucky! A fried of mine in
Germany, who got nearly 7 feet in 2 weeks, had to wait FIVE DAYS for
someone to get a frontend loader up to dig out his street. Similar
problem... the plow truck couldn't make it up the hill due to weight of
snow and gravity working against it.

Here in central Maine today is also a cause of joy... first day in a week
that the temp is in + column during the day. Now if we could only get
some more snow we would be all set. We are short about 2' to 3' of our
normal ground cover at the moment, and that sucks for us MV owners with
purpose built MV snow machines :-/ Too cold and snow cover not fun
enough to run my Weasel on. 12" of frozen snow and - temps just don't do
it for me!

Steve