Re: [MV] Snow

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 14:29:49 PST

I'm big fan of snow chains. Have had them installed on the deuce for a
couple of months now. Driving cross country, the most snow in my experience
is about 15 to 18 inches, which presents no problem what so ever. The deuce
can go uphill, say a 20% grade, with 15 inches of snow on the ground without
any problem. Solid ice is tricky and loose sleet is also very slippery.
Traction is improved when loaded.

Last week, here in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia we got a lot of rain
before the sleet and snow so right now there is a layer of packed snow on
top of ice. The kids love it, no school and perfect sledding.

Have a great day!
Bjorn