Re: [MV] NuclearAttack Medical Treatment

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 10:18:52 PST

> You make it sound like the Nazi govt. of the 1930's

Sadly, Dave makes it sound like it really is -> a well used tactic of all
governments when the crap hits the fan. When presented with a real
challenge that is hard to rise up to, distraction of the public becomes a
much more viable option. The current Bush admin is far from the
originator of this. France and Germany (especially Germany!) are doing
the same things to their own populations too. I expect that most
governments right now are more than happy to have Terrorism and Iraq
around since pretty much all governments are faced with serious economic
problems.

I urge anybody who hasn't thought about how fear is used to distract us
from the real issues to check out Michael Moore's recent movie "Bowling
for Columbine". People can quibble about this or that detail in it, but
the basic message is undeniable. Plus, seeing him with Terry Nichols
brother (James) shows exactly why if we should fear anything we need look
no further than our own towns and cities. BTW... contrary to some
popular misconceptions, Bowling for Columbine is *NOT* an anti-gun flick.
 In fact, I think guns came out of it close to the NRA's hardline
position that "guns don't kill people, people kill people".

While people are being urged to run out and buy ducttape, their employer
is probably busy printing up their pinkslip. They should save their
money so they can possibly afford to see a doctor if they get really
sick. Of course, without insurance what good will it do if the doctor
finds something wrong?

Sorry, no MV content.

Steve