Re: [MV] Found Tanks

From: micdunn (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 17:51:27 PST

Oh well, my 2 cents worth now.
I found a tank in West Germany in 1978 deep in the woods. I don't know
anything about tanks, but this looked a lot like a Sherman, but instead of a
turret, it had a large shield with a very fat short main gun that did not
swivel sideways. I took photographs, but have no idea where they are. The
tank was bluish green. About 250 yards away was a thing that looked like an
APC. I did not know that APC's were used in WWII, so it was either newer or
something else. I lived in the Eifel/Ardenne region which is where the
Battle of the Bulge was fought. Lots of stuff (Guns, helmets, mines) deep in
the woods, but none for sale as the Belgian/German woods are all state
owned. I know the locations of hundreds of blown up bunkers because I used
to walk for days along trails. A friend of mine uses a metal detector
(illegally, but so what) and two of his finds were a .50 cal from a B-17 and
a fully operational Wehrmacht Flammenwerfer (flamethrower). I found a 100%
operational Sten gun. The most common find was Roman coins, but that's
another story.
-Sarge