Re: [MV] Tanks, tow bars, and one expensive table

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 15:52:09 PST

Hi Joe,

>I just put some pictures of a Sherman Easy 8, I think, on my web site.

That is a BEAUTIFUL example of a Medium Tank M4A3 (76) HVSS or more
likely Medium Tank M4A3 (76) W HVSS. The "W" stood for Wet Storage,
which was a safety measure to prevent stored rounds from cooking off in
case of a hit.

This was commonly called the Easy 8 because the prototype was designated
M4A3E8. There were other variants of Shermans, but this was the most
common one.

That is an example the museum should be quite proud of!

Steve