Re: [MV] WWII Vehicle Antenna

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 20:52:02 PST

Here you go..

I think your base is an AB-15. If so, Antenna sections MS-116, 117,
and 118 make up a 9' approx. whip. Two more MS-116 can be inserted at
the bottom to make a 15 ft. whip. The unit works well with low band
VHF radios 30-80 MHz including the 6 meter (50 MHz) ham band, but can
easily be made to work with HF and CB radios with the correct antenna
tuner. (you have the low band VHF radios already I think I saw them
installed, and I think those bight be able to work on the 6M band, any
model numbers on them?).