Re: [MV] WWII Vehicle Antenna

From: Claude W. Vaughn (vaughn@totalaccess.net)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 19:20:26 PST

G.R.,

The mast base shown in the picture (on the turret) is an MP-57. I would guess
the Stuart would have had an MP-37. The ceramic insulator on the MP-37 is
larger in diameter. The antenna would depend on the radio that is installed.
I would guess the antenna would consist of sections MS-49, MS-50, MS-51, MS-52,
and MS-53 (for an "AM" radio installation) or sections MS-51, MS-52, and MS-53
(for an "FM" radio installation). The other mast base would be used with the
MS-116, MS-117, and MS-118 mast sections.

Claude.