Re: [MV] Brrrr!!

From: jalberhasky@juno.com
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 18:13:28 PST

It was 11 below this AM up here in Iowa and my turbo 35A2 took right off
with the flame heater. 0-5 degrees seems to be about as low of a
temperature that it will start with out the flame heater. I think this
is about normal for the LD/LDT 465 engine. Good batteries, starter and
multi-grade oil are a must at these temps for reliable starting. If you
are needing the flame heater at those temps ( 10-30) something must be
wrong. I drove a multitude of different deuces while in the military
from the early 70's thru the 80's and I can't remember ever having to use
the flame heater to get one started above 10 degrees. In Germany we
mixed mo-gas in with the diesel when it was winter ( winters there were
rather mild as conpared to here) and that help fire them off. Jeff