Re: [MV] Brrrr!!

From: Jim (gadget@easypath.com)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 18:15:32 PST

  I think the engine rebuilders just focus on the engine. The ancillary
parts like injectors, pumps, electrical parts, etc aren't even seen by a
place like Toole. The vehicle mechanics get the replacement motor and make
the decision to reuse the old parts based on simple checks. I would guess we
have worn or out of adjustment components which aren't allowing the motor to
be all it can be. Obviously, Bob's motor is running *just right*.
  I was thinking about a secondary source of fuel for cold starts. A sort of
"hot fuel". Just a small gallon or so tank with a more volitile mixture of
fuel. Something with a lower ignition temp that produced lots of clean
BTU's. It would need to be plumbed as close to the injector pump as possible
so it could be switched in and out quickly. The fuel would also have to
possess similar expansion and pressure development properties during
combustion as Diesel. We have to be careful about not blowing the engine up
while we're trying to warm it! Now, where did I leave that old chemistry

Jim